Reflecting on the media texts I have researched, I notice that my idea has focused on the negative aspects of gangster lifestyle, and mental illness, and have ignored other conventions within the film/tv shows. I feel like I should try to include some humour within my scripting drafts to try and make the scenes lighter hearted.
This led me to look into the TV Show Green Wing which is a comedy hospital drama, of which some of the things they say and do when interacting with each other questions their mental health significantly. Mainly focused around the comedy genre however, this would be straying from the former gangster genre. I could try to incorporate these two genres together, to make a series of short sketches.
I feel that a series of short satirical sketches based around the gangster genre could make the project more interesting for people to watch and enjoy seeing as comedy is universal. Also maybe having less based around the first person camera style I was planning to adopt.
I may lose the representation of mental health aspect, however I plan to watch some short clips of Green Wing, as well as both series to try and find some relatable comedy of which I could script up into a few short 2 minute scenes.
Furthemore I looked across the ocean into some short snappy american TV show texts with a similar theme to mine (being Spy/Gangster/Police/Crime based).
I found a TV show called 'Archer' of which was a very humorous take on an american Spy company. The show features main character Archer in a number of different situations. This took me to the idea of changing my idea to be a series of short sketches in which represents the gangster lifestyle but in a humorous way through my main characters scripted lines.
Although Archer is an animated TV programme, notably the quick camera cuts and using the camera to set a scene/setting in which the episode ensues is an important feature I wish to try include into my work.
Within my Advanced Specialist Skills workshop for editing, I learnt how to layer speech audio over visuals in order to advance the storyline/plot further without using classic 'two head' interaction. This also keeps the audience interested for the full two minutes if the scripting is snappy and to the point.
This led me to look into the TV Show Green Wing which is a comedy hospital drama, of which some of the things they say and do when interacting with each other questions their mental health significantly. Mainly focused around the comedy genre however, this would be straying from the former gangster genre. I could try to incorporate these two genres together, to make a series of short sketches.
I feel that a series of short satirical sketches based around the gangster genre could make the project more interesting for people to watch and enjoy seeing as comedy is universal. Also maybe having less based around the first person camera style I was planning to adopt.
I may lose the representation of mental health aspect, however I plan to watch some short clips of Green Wing, as well as both series to try and find some relatable comedy of which I could script up into a few short 2 minute scenes.
Furthemore I looked across the ocean into some short snappy american TV show texts with a similar theme to mine (being Spy/Gangster/Police/Crime based).
I found a TV show called 'Archer' of which was a very humorous take on an american Spy company. The show features main character Archer in a number of different situations. This took me to the idea of changing my idea to be a series of short sketches in which represents the gangster lifestyle but in a humorous way through my main characters scripted lines.
Although Archer is an animated TV programme, notably the quick camera cuts and using the camera to set a scene/setting in which the episode ensues is an important feature I wish to try include into my work.
Within my Advanced Specialist Skills workshop for editing, I learnt how to layer speech audio over visuals in order to advance the storyline/plot further without using classic 'two head' interaction. This also keeps the audience interested for the full two minutes if the scripting is snappy and to the point.

No comments:
Post a Comment