Looking into potential editing techniques, I am really interested in creating a silhouetted effect with the characters, however not completely opaque. For this I would nee a three way angled window that lets different gradients of light in to create an uneven silhouette. A similar style example I found within this music video 'Against the wall' by 'Ill Nino'. Although the location is different, the half silhouetted figure is similar to what I would like to produce in an interior setting.
In terms of artificial light I feel this would expose the character too much and created a harsh effect, even after colour grading on Premiere Pro.
Despite this being a heavy metal music video, the editing technique and lighting are still relevant to the short features I want to achieve. To match this found style, I located a window which would create the desired effect within a housemates' bedroom, and luckily they agreed for me to have a look and take some pictures to see if I could use it.
Link to the Music Video Website: http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=61501
I don't want to go too overboard with a high number of techniques, however as my project has changed, I'm debating whether to just create a shorter piece of 5 minutes of which I can play with filming techniques, artistic influence and create a stronger message about mental illness and to explore my already strong basis of production skills.
Looking at editing techniques which I learnt in my refresher workshop, techniques such as blurring, colour altering and correction as well as stabilisation will come in handy.
Due to the nature of my project having a handheld camera, the stabilisation technique will definitely aid in making my project look more professional. Furthermore due to my gangster theme, the use of vibrant emotive colours would not be a wise decision as this doesn't fit with my genre's conventions and overall style and would fit more of a childrens theme. This is an editing technique I will incorporate into my final project piece.
When talking to Adrian Butterworth, I found it highly useful to see how quickly a new edit could be put together considering they have a short amount of time often between filming and distribution.
![]() |
| Click to enlarge |
Link to the Music Video Website: http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=61501
I don't want to go too overboard with a high number of techniques, however as my project has changed, I'm debating whether to just create a shorter piece of 5 minutes of which I can play with filming techniques, artistic influence and create a stronger message about mental illness and to explore my already strong basis of production skills.
Looking at editing techniques which I learnt in my refresher workshop, techniques such as blurring, colour altering and correction as well as stabilisation will come in handy.
Due to the nature of my project having a handheld camera, the stabilisation technique will definitely aid in making my project look more professional. Furthermore due to my gangster theme, the use of vibrant emotive colours would not be a wise decision as this doesn't fit with my genre's conventions and overall style and would fit more of a childrens theme. This is an editing technique I will incorporate into my final project piece.
When talking to Adrian Butterworth, I found it highly useful to see how quickly a new edit could be put together considering they have a short amount of time often between filming and distribution.

No comments:
Post a Comment