Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Supervisors

My two potential supervisors were Lizzie Sykes and Tamsyn Dent. I was attracted to these two as my main choices due to Lizzie's skill in making confusing concepts and stories understandable within media pieces, and Tamsyn, although being a newer member of the course, as she has an interesting theoretical knowledge as to how to include and apply theory to work. Furthermore she is extremely interested in my case study essay which looks at the representation of hierarchy in TV sitcoms, namely 'Peep Show' that I studied for it, furthermore this is a similar concept featured within my short series.

Email:

Hi Lizzie,


I know we have to email and decide who our supervisor is going to be before Christmas and so thought I would approach you as a potential supervisor. 

The outline of my project is as follows:

- A series of five 2 minute episodes portrayed in an 'online series' or 'webisode' style. 

My project is based upon the gangster theme/genre, representing mental health (through split personality), and with aspects of black comedy or 'oddball' lines. 
The plot develops through classic disequilibrium (Todorovs theory) of which gets ultimately gets resolved. 

Logline: A webisodical black comedy focusing on an infamous gangster who risks everything to open the heart of his operations, exposing paranoia, personal betrayal and an unstoppable force.

Please let me know if you are interested in being the supervisor for this short series.

Kind regards, 

Catherine 



After finding that Lizzie wasn't the best choice for my project, I wasn't sure who to approach r.e. my project, and so was happy to be allocated Mik Parsons as my supervisor.

No comments:

Post a Comment