Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Location Choices

Looking at location choices I am thinking to remodel my University house and use the various rooms to create the perfect setting. Using my existing props saves on travel expenses as well as saves on purchasing furniture or props. The fact I have a desk and chair in my room, means that I can film the early study scenes in my room.
In terms of outside the house, I plan to use the local area. The plot revolves around the inner workings of the main characters mind, and therefore I don't want to journey too far afield from the problem at hand which is his mental state. This is where my artistic license comes in to effect as I want to show a lot by not showing enough through my film, with some strange montages mixed in.

I am considering changing my plot from a contrived 5 series 2 minute shorts to a montage 5 minute piece with wider artistic licence. This would enable me to work on the editing process more and to encourage my filming style as well as be free with my filming creation. This has been born from making simpler boring locations slightly more interesting where possible through editing, effects and style in order inspire some artistic life within my piece. I feel most pieces I have created so far have been so restricted by the brief that this piece would enable me to represent mental illness, and the gangster lifestyle in a different and innovative way.


No comments:

Post a Comment