Thursday, 8 October 2015

Idea Genesis


'Drive' Poster
My idea originally stemmed from something I'm interested in, like most ideas do. I enjoy programmes and films about crime, but not in the conventional NCIS/CSI:Miami sense. I enjoy the artistic nature of the human mind and how it is labelled as 'Mentally ill'. The lengths that people go to in order to inflict some sort of disarray on other members of society or public services in order to get some relief from their own lives. This further developed into the link between mental-health representation and crime and how they interlink and are shown in modern TV and film.
The repetitive 'gangster' culture is also a key convention of this representation which I would love to include within my project.

Inspiration texts include: Legend (2015)
                                     Drive (2011)
                                     Bronson (2008)
                                     The Krays (1990)
                                     Stuart: A Life backwards (DVD) (2007)
                                     Stuart: A Life backwards (Biography)
Tom Hardy's Bronson

The Kray Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment